Pharmacy Benefit Changes
Beginning January 1, 2017, OptumRx will act as the Pharmacy Benefit Manager for a majority of CalPERS health plans. OptumRx will replace CVS/caremark in administering prescription drug benefits for about 486,000 CalPERS members and their families.
The following health plans are affected by the transition:
- PERS Select, PERS Choice, and PERSCare PPO plans (Basic and Medicare Supplement)
- Anthem Blue Cross Traditional & Select HMOs
- Anthem Blue Cross Monterey & Del Norte EPOs
- Health Net SmartCare & Salud y Más
- Sharp Health Plan Performance Plus
- UnitedHealthcare SignatureValue Alliance
Blue Shield Access+, Kaiser Permanente, and UnitedHealthcare Group Medicare Advantage PPO health plans are not affected.
New Pharmacy Benefits
Members will receive a welcome package from OptumRx in late November 2016, which will include:
- A summary of your prescription benefit program
- Instructions on how to use your pharmacy benefits
- A home delivery order form and return envelope
- Helpful information to help you save money on your prescriptions
For more information, take a look at the FAQ's:
Open Enrollment Information for 2016-2017
The open enrollment period for Antioch Unified School District ended on September 16, 2016. To enroll, drop, or add dependents to your coverages outside of open enrollment you must have had a qualifying event within the last 30 days.
What is a Qualifying Life Event (QLE)?
A change in your situation — such as a change of FTE, getting married, having a baby, adopting a child, divorce or losing health coverage — that can make you eligible for a Special Enrollment Period, allowing you to enroll in health insurance outside the yearly Open Enrollment Period.
If you have a QLE, you must complete the enrollment forms listed on the left side of this page and submit the form along with proof of your qualifying event and dependent verification documents for any dependents you are opting to add to your plan(s).
Contact information for all of our providers can be found on the Contacts page: http://www.antioch.k12.ca.us/benefitsvendorcontacts.